Checking The Time (Norma Wheat Inspired)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Checking The Time (Norma Wheat Inspired)

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Tutorial Title: Checking The Time
Written By: DesignsByKarma
Written On: June 11, 2009

This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of Paint Shop Pro and its tools. It was written in PspX2 but may be done in previous versions. My tutorials are from my own creative imagination any resemblance to other tutorials is strictly coincidental. If I am using a brush, mask, frame, tube, template or preset that belongs to you and I do not have you listed please let me know which items is yours and give me a link to your site so I can give you credit and a link!!

Materials Not Included:
1 ScrapKit: Checking The Time: Norma Wheat
Template: FI_Template 1: Frosted Illusion
4 Tubes: I am using the wonderful work of © Suzanne Woolcoot and MUST be purchased at Gorjuss:
DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE NOT LICENSED!

Settings used throughout this tutorial:
3-Drop Shadow: 0,0,50, 5.00 color: black

Let’s Begin!

Tutorial Instructions:

1) Open up the FI_Template1: SHIFT+D and close original. Delete the Details layer and the Dottie lines layer.

2) Choose a med/dark color for your foreground I am using #8c3440 and a dark color for your back ground I am using #0c0303

3) On the template activate the Wide Strip layer: CTRL+A, CTRL+F, CTRL+SHIFT+F, CTRL+H feather set at 2. Add a new layer and fill this layer with your foreground. CTRL+D. Delete the Wide Strip layer. Add drop shadow

4) Activate the Thin Black Lines layer: CTRL+A, CTRL+F, CTRL+SHIFT+F, CTRL+H feather set at 2. Add a new layer, click on your foreground color and switch it to gradient foreground, linear with a 45 angle and 2 repeat. CTRL+D. Delete the Thin black lines layer. Add drop shadow

5) Activate the Thin Grey Lines layer: CTRL+A, CTRL+F, CTRL+SHIFT+F, CTRL+H feather set at 2. Add a new layer and fill with your background. CTRL+D. Delete the thin grey lines layer. Add drop shadow

6) Activate the Upper hearts layer: Repeat step 3. Repeat this step with the Lower hearts layer as well. Add drop shadow

7) Activate the Inner 1 layer: CTRL+A, CTRL+F, CTRL+SHIFT+F, CTRL+H feather set at 2. Open up Bkg1. CTRL+C and Close. Back to the Template. Add a new layer CTRL+SHIFT+L. CTRL+D. Delete the inner1 layer. SHIFT+L to colorize your paper. I colorized mine with Hue: 250 Saturation: 117. Add drop shadow Repeat this step with the other 2 inner layers.

.8 Activate the Frame 1 layer: repeat step 2. Repeat this step with the other frame layers. Add drop shadow

9) Open 3 tubes. CTRL+C and Close. Back on the Template CTRL+L. Resize if necessary and move into the frames and add your drop shadow if you like. Do this until all 3 frames have a tube in them. If you are using the same tubes I am you will need to resize the babies by 50% smart size and the bear by 75% smart size.

10) Open up Lace1 CTRL+C and Close. Back on the template CTRL+L and resize: 60 % smart size 3 times. Move this up to the top rectangle (see mine for placement) Move this layer down under the top hearts layer. Adjust: Sharpen. Colorize with same settings in step 7.

11) Open up the last tube. CTRL+C and Close. Back on the Template CTRL+L. Resize if necessary and move to the last heart on the bottom (see mine for placement) Duplicate this layer. CTRL+M, CTRL+I and move to the first heart on the top (see mine for placement)If you are using the same butterfly tube I am it does not have to be resized. Add Drop shadow if you like.

12) Open ChkTie1. Resize: 45% smart size do this 2 times and then 40% smart size. CTRL+C and Close. (DO NOT SAVE) Back on the Template CTRL+L. Move to the first frame move this layer down underneath the frame layer for the middle frame (see mine for placement) Duplicate this layer and move this each of the frames. Add Drop shadow.

13) Hide your background layer and lace layer. Merge Visible. Move your lace layer to the top if it is not already there and merge visible. CTRL+C. SHIFT+INSERT. Add your text.

14) Resize to your liking and then add your license # and copyright information.

15) Save as .jpg

You have just completed: ...Thank you for trying my tutorials.
Designs By Karma

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://designs-by-karma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top